NATIONAL SELA PASS GUWAHATI -TAWANG MTB CYCLING & TRAINING EXPEDITION 2024
5 / 5 Guwahati
Program Coordinator: Mr. Shashank Dhanve: 9920422414
Kindly Contact the Coordinator before booking your Train/Air Ticket.
The cycling route from Bhalukpong to Sela Pass and Tawang is one of the most scenic as well as challenging routes in North-East India. The majestic Sela Pass at 13,700 ft. is a challenge to any cyclist who loves mountain biking. The crystal clear waters of Kameng River greets you as you start pedaling. The flora and fauna encountered in the route is a goldmine for any photographer and wildlife enthusiasts. Pristine valleys and rivers accompany you in this scenic route all the time. Nature lovers will find many a treasure on the way. The cultural heritage and diversity of local tribes is also worth exploring. This journey you will make lifetime memories to cherish.
Day 1: Report at Guwahati camp
**the base camps address for reporting at guwahati will be informed to participants.
Rest and orientation
Day 2:Guwahati-Bhalukpong. (240 KM) (By Vehicle)
Cycle distribution and trial ride. Ride by beautiful Kameng River.
Day 3:Bhalukpong –Sessa (28 KM, 7-8 hrs)
The crystal clear waters of Kameng River greets you on the first day as you ride through Assam –Arunachal border. We will be riding through lush green forests and waterfalls and the majestic view of The Himalayas. Today is also a challenging climbing day as you ride up to Sessa and then rest at this beautifulrustic village.
Day 4: Sessa - Jamiri(33 KM, 5-6hrs)
Day starts with 19km uphill climb till Nechiphu Pass. Enjoy the foggy weather in the lovely climb as the cool mist surrounds you from all sides in the valley. You will get to see the beautiful butterflies and birds of Eastern Himalaya.
Day 5: Jamiri - Bomdila(40 KM, 6-7hrs)
The day starts with crossing Nag Mandir and then Tenga valley and Tenga Army cantonment camp. Itsrolling terrain till Rupa bridge then a long climb of around 18 kms starts and ends in Bomdila town . With each pedal you get an amazing view of the hills and villages. Bomdila Monastery is very famous and beautiful.
Day 6: Bomdila – Dirang/Sangti valley(50 KM, 5-6 hrs)
Today is an exhilarating downhill of 26 kms then rolling terrain till Dirangdzongand stay atDirang town. Rest in the picturesque surroundings, soaking in the tranquility. Explore the beautiful Dirang town - TDL monastery in Dirang is one of the most beautiful Gompha of Arunachal Pradesh.
Day 7 Dirang-Senge (36 KM, 5-6 hrs)
Today’s route is a gradual climb till Senge. On the way you will see Nyukmadong war memorial, saluting the martyrs of 1962 Indo-China war. The route is blessed with enchanting views and small villages with local tea shops.
Day 8 Senge-Sela Pass-Jung(63 km, 8-9hrs)
The final climb to the magnificent Sela Pass & then Sela Lake is today and it will be definitely a sight to see. At 13700 ft Sela pass has ever-changing weather and hence in seconds the scenery changes before you. After a mandatory pic rejoicing the climb at Sela Pass a long downhill awaits you till Jung. On the way, we definitely are going to see Jaswantgarh War memorial – the famous ambush point where the brave Rifleman Jaswant Singh Rawat fought and killed 300 enemy soldiers in the 1962 Sino-Indian waralmost single handedly.
Day 9 Jung-Tawang(40 KM, 4-5hrs)
As the last day of cycling one is filled with excitement and a sense of achievement as you ride into Tawang. You can visit Tawang Monastery which is the largest monastery in India and second largest in the world after Potala palace and is blessed with enchanting views.Visit the local market for gifts and memorabilia and enjoy the local food. As you look back at the trials & tribulations that have brought you to your goal the memories will definitely be for a lifetime and finally you have achieved finishing a mammoth cycling route and this gem of the North East is finally adorning all your efforts and pain
Day 10 CheckOut
You will be leaving with memories of a lifetime and a truly Himalayan experience. YHAI is always finding new challenges and expeditions and we will look forward to see you all again in a new adventure at a new Basecamp. Thanks for joining YHAI & wish you the best for your travel back to home with all the happy memories.
Reporting Date :
Seats left :
Reporting Point : Report at Guwahati camp
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Only members of YHAI above the age of 18 years, can participate with medical certificate. Participants have to bear all travel expenses from their place to the base camp and back.
HOW TO REACH THE BASE CAMP:
By Air: GopinathBordoloi International Airport is about 25 KMs, from the Guwahati city. Shared Taxi, Pre-paid Taxi and AC Buses are available to Basecamp.
By Bus: The Inter State Bus Terminus (ISBT) is about 15 KMs to Paltanbazar, well-connected by Bus and hired Cars.
By Train: The city of Guwahati is well connected by Railways, Paltanbazar Station is in the city and Kamakhya Railway Station is about 8 KMs to Paltanbazar in Guwahati.
**THE BASE CAMPS ADDRESS FOR REPORTING AT GUWAHATI WILL BE INFORMED TO PARTICIPANTS.
HOW TO JOIN:
Members desirous of joining this program may apply online through our website www.yhaindia.org, or, through offline mode by sending the prescribed registration form duly supported by a Medical Certificate, along with a DD amount 38,000/- of requisite amount in favor of “Youth Hostels Association of India”, payable at New Delhi. Members can also apply through the State Branch or Local Unit of YHAI.
Below are the account details to deposit the fees in offline mode:
Accommodation – Tents/Pukka rooms on sharing basis
Nutritious veg Food – all 3 times(Packed lunch included)
Geared-branded MTB cycles
Basic Medical Facilities and Oxygen support
Luggage Vehicle(camp to camp)
Any personal travel during camp stay
Any personal fooding outside camp
Entry tickets to Museums and Tourist buildings
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING ALONG:
-ADMIT CARD, YHAI MEMBERSHIP CARD (a soft copy will do) and Medical certificate not issued before 30 Days of the reporting date.
1. Drifit cycling T-shirt half sleeve- 3 pcs
2. Full sleeve T-shirt - 2 pcs
3. Upper & lower Thermal - 1 each
4. Balaclava/Buff/skull cap - 1
5. Socks - 4 pairs
6. Full trekking /stretchable pant - 2 (incase its cold sometimes or you can wear cycling shorts then put the lower Thermal pants)
13. Sandals/slippers - 1(preferably with toe protection) helps in water crossings &to relax feet in camp
14. Day pack(10 ltr) - 1
15. Cycling water bottle - 2(650ml approx)
16. Cycling Helmet - 1(as it will be better fit than the one given by us)
17. Toiletries - Personal preference.
18. Medicine - If any medication going on.
19. Head torch or hand torch small with extra batteries( for camp use)
20. Handlebar bag( 3 ltr or bigger) to keep Eatables & electronics & rain jacket. Optional if having a 10 ltr day pack.
21. If handlebar bag is not available then a 10 ltr day pack will do the same job.
22. Hydration bag 1-2ltrs (optional)
23. Power bank with multiplug(in cold weather mobile phone power drains off easily)
24. Bring chocolates /energy bars as per your liking. Add some tangy /khattameetha candies like Pulse or Sour bomb for sugar hit and when you feel nausea. Anjeer/fig/dates/khajur is good as it releases energy slowly. Dry fruit laddoos or similar items are also good. Do not try new food items or flavours as they may cause discomfort in stomach. Only use tried & tested eatables you like.
25. Carry old newspaper to dry shoes if wet.
26. Solar power bank is optional but if you really want multiple devices charged. As in camp charging will be limited enroute. We do have a generator but it will be a rush.
27. DO NOT CARRY one single thick jacket. Bring multiple layers - wear thermal then t-shirt then fleece jacket then wind/rain jacket.
28. Light weight full size quick dry towel (& a small quick dry towel in high altitude camps as no scope of bathing,only wiping body)
29. Wash feet everyday after cycling & dry it & put any oil or cream. Good hygiene,no feet itching & no bad odour for others!
30. Bring only one big rucksack & one day pack & absolutely no suitcases while travelling to camp. Transporting luggage everyday is a huge logistic work.
31. Personal medicine kit Combiflam, Becosule, and your personal advised medicines.
32. Candid/Abzorb powder for shoes.
33. Vaseline or lip-guard, cold cream, Hand sanitiser and Sunscreen SPF 50+
34. Good Quality washable mask - 2 pcs
Note: The route and Schedule of the program may change without prior notice based on the local condition.
*IMPORTANT: Please read all the instructions regarding the program carefully before booking the same (including cancellation policy).
Name of the Account: Youth Hostels Association of India
Bank Name: - Punjab National Bank
Account Number: 1736000100169954
Branch:- ChanakyaPuri New Delhi 110021.
Reporting date :16th March 2024 End Date –25th March 2024
Fee : Rs38000/-
Days : 9N/10D
Max Altitude: 13,700 ft
Total cycling – 300 km (approx.)
Level: Intermediate to Expert
Temp : -4°C to 25°C
Terrain : Metalled-Gravel roads
Contact:7827999000 – YHAI office
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
SAFETY & SECURITY:
Extensive and painstaking preparations have gone into the planning of sightseeing programme for your safety. Our field staff and experienced camp leaders have been visiting the area to check all the details. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, the Youth Hostels Association of India cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
SMOKING, USE OF ALCOHOL AND NARCOTICS OF ANY DESCRIPTION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED DURING THE COURSE OF THE PROGRAMME.
Anyone found doing the same is liable
1) Participants booked online will do online cancellations a minimum of 10 days prior to your reporting date.
2) Participants booked offline will inform their cancellation by email to email@example.com, a minimum of 10 days prior to your reporting date.
Only cancellations done as per the above method will be eligible for credit shell. The below cancellation policy will however not be applicable if the request reaches short of 10 days prior to the reporting date and shall not be eligible for credit shell.
1) In case you are unable to join the programme due to any reason, you will get a 100% Credit Shell of the participation fees which will be valid till December 2024. No refund will be applicable for any cancellation of a seat.
2) If the next programme opted by you is cheaper, you may use the balance amount in any of the Trek till Dec 2024.
3) If the next opted programme is costlier, the trekker has to pay the differential amount.
4) The program opted for using the Credit Shell cannot be cancelled again.
5) You may transfer your seat to your family members and friends. The seats thus transferred cannot be retransferred or cancelled.
6) The credit shell can only be used in the booking of adventure programs organised by YHAI. The credit shell will not be used in taking memberships and hostel bookings.
Note: If any program will be cancelled due to Natural Calamity / Government Restriction / Cancellation of Permission or any other reasons, Yhai will be accountable only for program fees and not other expenses which participants have made for joining the program. In these circumstances, the decision for participation fees will be considered by the Yhai and will be bound to all.