OVERVIEW OF ENGAGEMENT AS MEDICAL OFFICER
YHAI Volunteership is all about giving an opportunity to Doctors to gain real time experience working on live adventure projects. YHAI invites applications for Medical Officers to provide their services for its National Level Adventure Expeditions, which are also recognized by the Government of India.
YHAI needs Medical Officers who will provide guidance to the participants of NATIONAL HIMALAYAN TREKKING CUM TRAINING EXPEDITIONS 2023. A total of about 2,000 participants participate in each adventure program. The participants on an average group size of 50 participants assemble at the base camps and move to the higher camps. Medical Officers will be deputed at each base camp and are required to provide medical guidance to the particiapnts. Participants who come to YHAI expeditions are educated and young people who take part in these expeditions for their love for nature and passion for adventure. Some of the main responsibilities for this position are:
- Work under the supervision of Field Director/Co-Directors.
- When posted to a higher camp you will be coordinating with the Camp Leaders and responsible for providing medical guidance to the participants.
- Maintain the reputation and standard of the expedition as set by YHAI National Expeditions.
- Maintain discipline of the expedition; guide the participants.
- In case of any eventuality/emergency take proper action - crisis management.
- Be very polite, humble and at the same time maintain strict discipline with the participants.
- Must be physically fit to undertake long and strenuous treks in the mountains working at high altitude camps.
- Provide daily /weekly report or reports at the end of the program to the Field Director.
MINIMUM PERIOD OF SERVICE
- Minimum period of service required is 14 days.
Trekking Department, National Office
Youth Hostels Association of India
5, Nyaya Marg, Chankayapuri. New Delhi – 110021,