No-hassle best price guarantee
Our Destination expert will be happy to help you resolve queries for this tour.
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Mon to Sat) Second Saturday and Gazetted Holidays Off
Program Coordinator Details:
Mr. Gulzar: 9419207024
Importatnt Note- Participants are requested to bring below documents at the time of reporting at base camp.
(1) 2 Copies of ID proof
(2) Trekking Medical certificate
(3) 2 Passport size photographs
The Kashmir Great Lakes, trek is the most beautiful, amazing and full of natural beauty trek. In this trek you can enjoy the scenic beauty of God’s amazing creation called ‘Lakes’. Here you can see 6 different Lakes named, Vishnusar, Kishansar, Gadsar ,Satsar,Gangabal,Nandkol and many other small lakes . This is the totally hidden part of Kashmir. Only very few number of people is known about this amazing trek.
* Purpose: The purpose of the program is to expose the YHAI members to a greater adventure and to rough the rigors of plodding, with a sense of love for nature and outdoor recreational activity aiming at promoting national integration.
* Duration: 8N/9D
* Reporting Point: Hotel Sonmarg Palace, Before Main Market, Sonamarg
* Program Includes: Transportation from Road Head Naranag to Sonamarg base camp, Expert Guides, Expert supporting team, Food (Veg), Equipments, Group Insurance, Forest entry
*DAY WISE SCHEDULE:
#Day 1: Reporting at Sonamarg Base Camp
#Day 2: Orientation, Training and Acclimatization Walk
#Day 3: Trek to Nichnai Camp (11948 ft.)
#Day 4: Trek to Vishnusar Camp (12152 ft) via Nichnai Pass (13458 ft)
#Day 5: Trek to Gadsar (10777 ft) via Gadsar Pass (13763 ft)
#Day 6: Trek to Satsar (11860 ft)
#Day 7: Trek to Gangabal (11482 ft) via Zach Pass (13428 ft)
#Day 8: Trek to Naranag Village and Then Transfer to the Base Camp in Sonamarg by Jeep
#Day 9: Check Out After Breakfast
*How to Reach:
#Nearest Railway Station: Jammu (Jammu Tawi), Katra (J&K)
• Regular Taxi on sharing basis and bus service is available from Jammu to Srinagar
• Sharing Taxi is available from Batamaloo Bus Stand & Parimpora Mandi (Srinagar) Bus Stand to Sonamarg.
• J&K Roadways bus are running regularly from TRC (TOURIST RECEPTION CENTRE) to Kargil via Sonamarg (The Bus departs early in the morning from TRC)
IMPORTANT: Please read all the instructions of programme carefully before booking the same (including cancellation policy).
* Who can Participate:
The minimum age for a member to join the program is 18 years to 60 Years, YHAI membership is mandatory to participate. This condition will be adhered to strictly. Under age and above age will not be considered. Members desirous of joining this programme may apply online duly supported by a \"Trekking Medical Certificate\".
Special Allowance Cases:
On the special case if the person is medically fit and a regular trekker than he can be allowed in offline mode (decision will be final only on management discretion and seat availability). In this case, he/she has to produce Indemnity bond on RS. 100/- bond paper from his respective state and has to submit the same along with his Registration form.
RISK FACTOR :-
This trek is a High risk Adventure programme with following risk factors:
1. High Altitude sickness
THIS TREK IS MODERATE TO HARD
YHAI will provide adequate assistance in above circumstances but cannot be held responsible for any risk mentioned or not mentioned above.
All participants should be physically fit, only those who fulfill the mentioned criteria will be allowed to participate in the expedition. YHAI decision will be final and all participants have to abide by it. NO REFUND IS ADMISSIBLE IN CASE OF ANY MEDICAL REASONS.
* How to participate:
Online Booking: Members desirous of joining this programme may apply online by paying requisite program fee along with online booking amount i.e. Rs.15000/-
We accept Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card payment on www.yhaindia.org for online payments.
After successful transaction Admit Card will be generated. Participant has to carry \"Admit Card\", \"Trekking Medical Certificate\" & \"Membership Card\" & 2 pass size photograph at the time of reporting to the Base Camp.
Offline Booking: Members desirous of joining this programme may apply on the prescribed \"Trekking Registration Form\" duly supported by a \"Trekking Medical Certificate\", along with a Demand Draft of requisite amount of Rs.15000/- (included postage charges) in favor of “Youth Hostels Association of India” payable at New Delhi. The Trekking registration Form, Trekking Medical Form and Demand Draft may be sent to following address:
Trekking Department, National Office
Youth Hostels Association of India
5, Nyaya Marg, Chankayapuri. New Delhi-110021,
Contact No.: 7827999000
All Offline Booking confirmation is subject to availability of seats. National Office will send the Admit Card along with confirmation letter to the participant at the address mentioned in \"Trekking Registration Form\".
Members can also apply through our YHAI Units or State Branch in their respective area.
N.B: Without admit card and Medical fitness Certificate do not claim your registration as confirmed.
* Food Supplies : YHAI provides nutritious and good quality meals which includes Morning tea, breakfast, packed lunch, evening tea (in the camp), inner and after dinner tea/coffee/Bourn vita, shall be provided. Please bring your own plates, mugs, spoons etc.
* Accommodation facilities: Tented accommodation on sharing basis, paka toilet cum bathroom facility, at the base camp.
* Safety & Security:
YHAI Group Insurance cover is for accidental death or permanent disability only. You are advised to take personal insurance cover for your journey and other related matters. Extensive and painstaking preparations have gone into the planning of this program for your safety. Our field staff and experienced camp leaders have been visiting the area to check all details. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, the Youth Hostels Association of India cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
* What participants should bring along:
Rucksack (if You have one), Woolens, Cotton Shirts, Slacks, Cotton Pants, Sun Cap, Shoes, Socks, Enameled or Steel Mug / tumbler, Plate, Lunch box ,Spoon, Water purifying tablets, Pen knife, Needle, Thread, Spare buttons, Goggles, Cold cream / Vaseline, Soap, Toilet Paper, Towel, Rain sheet, Medicines (As per your personal requirement, which you regularly use at home and Crepe Bandage 4in*1, Micropore tape 1/2inch*1, Bandaids, Cough lozenges/ Kanthil or other, Vicks Vaporub, Coldarin, Clortrimazole cream and powder, Paracetamol*10 Mupirocin cream, Diclofenac gel, Lopamide*10, Azithromycin and Electral), Camera with extra batteries.
* Special Casual leave:
The Trekking Expedition organized by Youth Hostels Association of India have the approval of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Dept. of Personnel And Training), Government of India, vide Office Order no. 28016/3/89-Estt (A), Dated 25 October, 1989. Participants working in the Central Govt. Organization can apply to the authorities concerned for availing special casual leave for the duration of the expedition. This leave can be sanctioned by their office up to 30 days in calendar year.
(1) In case you are unable to join the programme due to any reason, you will get a 100% Credit Shell of the participation fees which will be valid till December 2023. The request for cancellation or transfer or postponement must be received by us by email or any written mode before 7 days from the reporting date of your program. After that no request of transfer or refund or postponement will be considered. No refund will be applicable for any cancellation of a seat and credit shell will be provided only.
(2) If the next programme opted by you is cheaper, you may use the balance amount in any of the Trek till Dec 2023.
(3) If the next opted programme is costlier, the trekker has to pay the differential amount.
(4) If the trekker opts for the same programme that was cancelled, he/she will not be charged extra even if the price goes up next year.
(5) You may transfer your seat to your family members and friends also.
Note: No medical issues, natural calamity or any sort of personal reasons will be considered as cancellation reason and will be considered for refund.
Memberships & Benefits