NAME OF THE PROGRAM CORRDINATOR / FD :Mr.KRISHNAMOY NAYAK
CONTACT NUMBER :8910896880 / 9433514640
EMAIL ADDRESS :firstname.lastname@example.org
REPORTING PLACE :INTERNATIONAL YOUTH HOSTEL DARJEELING DRC Car Parking,Opposite New Taxi Stand & Multi - level parking,Just 200 Mtr.Before of Darjeeling Railway Station on Main Road(Next to the Reliance Smart) Chota Kakjhora,Darjeeling - 734101
COMPLETE POSTAL ADDRESS :Youth Hostels association of India, West Bengal State Branch, Room No-14, 3rd Floor, Standard Charterd Building, 19, Netaji Subhas Rd, Fairley Place, BBD Bagh, Kolkata, West Bengal 700001
FEE INCLUSIONS  :
Food (Breakfast, Pack Lunch/ Hot Lunch, Tea Snacks, Soup, Dinner)
Dormitory Sharing Accommodation in Home Stay, Guest House, and Hostels
Transfer from Darjeeling to Rimbick & Rimbick to Shrikhola)
Trekking and Training
Camera Tickets and any other activities
Anything not listed in the inclusions
Home to Basecamp and Rimbick Camp to Home
BREIF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM :
YHAI’s Sandakphu Phalut trek includes Gurdum now, in a new trail. So, one can enjoy the beauty of Mount Everest, Mount Khangchendzonga, and many other snow-clad mountain peaks from Sandakphu and Phalut. Also enjoy the hidden beauty of Gurdum village, its food, and culture.
This trail lies in the tri-junction of Bengal, Sikkim, and Nepal. So, one can enjoy the mixed culture, natural beauty, and food of this area.
There are 14 mountain peaks in the world above 8000 meters. One can enjoy by viewing 4 of them, at a time from Sandakphu and Phalut. Also enjoy Sunrise and Sunset over the clouds. Get mesmerized by the 360-degree view, and colour-changing mountains from Sandakphu and Phalut
DAY WISE SCHEDULE :
DAY 1 : Report at International Youth Hostel Darjeeling Base camp. (As soon as possible). (Address: International Youth Hostels Darjeeling, Chota Kakjhora, Near New Taxi Stand, 200mtr away before Darjeeling Railway Station, Darjeeling.) Night stay at IYH Darjeeling.
DAY 2 :After breakfast from Base camp Darjeeling Drive to first higher camp Rimbick, Acclimatization day. (56 kms, time needed 3 hours approx.) Night stay at Rimbick camp.
DAY 3 : Move from Rimbick to Sri Khola wooden bridge by car, then trek to Gorkhey second higher camp. Via Rammam hot lunch point. Night stay at Gorkhey. (6 kms by car, time needed 30 minutes. 11 kms by trek, time needed 5 hours approx.).
DAY 4 :From Gorkhey trek to Phalut third higher camp. Night stay at Phalut. (15 kms trek, time needed 7 hours approx.).
DAY 5 :From Phalut trek to Aahl (Sandakphu) fourth higher camp. Via Thakum. Night stay at Aahl. (19 kms trek, time needed 8 hours approx.).
DAY 6 :From Aahl trek down to Gurdum fifth higher camp. Night stay at Gurdum. (13 kms trek, time needed 5 hours approx.).
DAY 7 :From Gurdum trek down to Last camp Rimbick, via Black forest trail. Night stay at Rimbick. (10 kms trek, time needed 5 hours approx.).
DAY 8 :Group breaks after breakfast, from Rimbick camp.
Note: The route and schedule of the program may change without prior notice based on the local condition.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? ONLY YHAI MEMBERS WITH VALID MEMBERSHIP CAN PARTIIPATE
HOW TO REACH THE BASE CAMP:
The Base Camp is at International Youth Hostels Darjeeling, Chota Kakjhora, Near New Taxi Stand, 200mtr away before Darjeeling Railway Station, Darjeeling is easily accessible from any part of India by Air, Rail or Road,Nearest Railway Station Darjeeling(only 200meter away from our Hostel)Nearest Airport at Bagdogra(70 km / 3 hours)From there avail Bus / Jeep / Taxi services to reach International Youth Hostel, Darjeeling.
MANDATORY: Original Trekking Medical Certificate will be compulsory at the time of reporting only (with 30 days of validity ) duly signed by registered Medical Practitioner (MBBS / MD only) along with his registration no. and stamp, copy of admit card, membership card, two copy of photographs, two copy ID card Xerox, and Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
HOW TO JOIN : Online booking is available through Schedule & Seats of the program.(www.yhaindia.org )
ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES : Shearing Basic
FOOD & WATER SUPPLIES : Only Nutritious Vegetarian Foods will be provided
BOOK ONLINE : YES / NO: If yes Please specify the no. of seats to be opened for online booking.- 30 seats
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING ALONG :
1. Trekking Shoes (Preferably Waterproof, high ankle, Non-skid).
2.Sandal or Chappal (Washableand quick dry).
3. Socks- Cotton andwoollen 4 pairs (One pair only for night-time).
4. Trousers(Lightweight, no jeans, no cargo preferably quick dry).
6. Cotton T-shirts (Fulland Half sleeves both).
5. Inner Garments (asper requirement).
7. Trek Suite (Completeset).
8. Wind Cheater (Sandal or Chappal (Washableand quick dry). Lower with hoods, preferable water repelled).
9. Rain Coat Set. Upperand lower with Hoods.
10. Sweater or WoollenJersey. Cotswool set Upper and Lower.
11. Good quality Jacket.
11. Good quality Jacket.
13. Bandana or ThroatCover
14. Sun Cap and WoollenCap.
15. Sun Glass (Polarizedwill be best).
16. Walking Stick
17. Rucksack (If you have a good one, otherwise it will be provided by YHAI).
18. Torch (With spare cells).
19. Thermal flask, WaterBottle, and Water Purifier.
20. Lunch Box, leak-proof(For Packed Lunch).
21. Plate, Mug, Spoon.
22. Needle and Thread with spare Buttons.
23. Toilet paper.
24. Towel, Soap,Toothpaste, and Toothbrush.
25. Boroline, Vaseline,Sun protection Cream (SPF 30 or above).
26. Pen and Notebook.
27. Passport size photographs, ID proof original and Xerox, Membership cards.
28. Original Medical certificate, Indemnity bond if above 60 years.
29. Medicine (As per your personal requirement, which you regularly use at home and Crepe Bandage 4in*1,Micropore tape 1/2inch*1, Bandaids, Cough lozenges/ Kanthil or other, Vicks Vaporub, Coldarin, Clortrimazole cream and powder, Paracetamol*10 Mupirocin cream, Diclofenac gel, Lopamide*10, Azithromycin, and Electral).
30. Camera with spare cells (Optional).
31. Personal things areregularly used at your home.
SAFETY & SECURITY: :Extensive and painstaking preparations have been done for the planning of routes for your safety. Our Field Staff have been visiting the area to check all in detail, every care has been taken to ensure safety. Youth Hostels Association of India can not be held responsible for any accident, illness, and such other unforeseen casualties. If Participants desire to join and other activities they may do so at their own cost and responsibility and only after finishing the program and checking out.
ADDITIONAL NOTES :
1. Smoking, use of alcohol, and narcotics of any description are strictly prohibited during the course of the program.
2.Staying other than YHAI Camp is not allowed for the entire duration of the program.
3.This is an environmentally friendly trek.Do not litter any wrappers or spoil the trial in any way.In case you find any wrapper, plastic bag, water bottle, or anything left by trekkers on the way, please carry the same with you and deposit it at the next camp.
4.Burning of wood during campfire is strictly prohibited. Import of any bio Non - degradable Material in West Bengal is an offense
Special Casual leave : The Trekking Expedition organized by Youth Hostels Association of India has the approval of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Dept. of Personnel And Training), Government of India, vide Office Order no. 28016/3/89-Estt (A), Dated 25 October 1989. Participants working in the Central Govt. Organizations can apply to the authorities concerned for availing special casual leave for the duration of the expedition. This leave can be sanctioned by their office for up to 30 days in a calendar year.
Reporting Date :
Seats left :
Reporting Point : INTERNATIONAL YOUTH HOSTEL DARJEELING
1) In case you are unable to join the programme due to any reason, you will get a 100% Credit Shell
of the participation fees which will be valid till December 2023. The request for cancellation or
transfer or postponement must be received by us by email or any written mode before 7 days from
the reporting date of your program. After that no request of transfer or refund or postponement
will be considered. No refund will be applicable for any cancellation of a seat and credit shell will be
provided only. 2) If the next programme opted by you is cheaper, you may use the balance amount in any of the Trek till Dec 2023.
3) If the next opted programme is costlier, the trekker has to pay the differential amount.
4) If the trekker opts for the same programme that was cancelled, he/she will not be charged extra even if the price goes up next year.
5) You may transfer your seat to your family members and friends also.
N.B : Without admit card, original membership card & medical certificate do not claim your registration as confirmed.
Note : Cancellation must be cancelled online only, any other medium will not be accepted
15 travellers are considering this tour right now!