Greetings from Youth Hostels Association of India (YHAI).
We are pleased to inform you that YHAI has instituted a scholarship in the name “Off the Beaten Track Siddharth Scholarship” for young men and women less than 30 years of age. Prof. Vijay Singh and Mrs Saroj Singh who are donors of the corpus amount also wish to invite applications from young men and women from underprivileged background and less than 30 years of age to participate in the trekking programmes being held at Kullu-Manali in the months of May to July, 2016. Since 14th May is the birthday of their beloved son Siddharth Singh in whose memory this adventure scholarship has been started, it is intended to sponsor 10 candidates for this scholarship for the reporting date of 14th May, 2016.
Youth Hostels Association of India established adventure scholarship for young men and women who are adventure enthusiasts and have love for the outdoors from a generous donation in memory of Siddharth Singh, S/o Mrs Saroj and Prof. Vijay Singh. Applicants are eligible for one scholarship per camping year.
Objective of the Scheme
To give an opportunity to the underprivileged young men and women to participate in the adventure activities of YHAI.
Purpose of Scholarships
The purpose of scholarship is to create in the minds of young men and women a sense of love for the countryside, by way of offering them outdoor recreational activity, with the aim of promoting the National Integration.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
1. Selection will be made by Selection Committee.
2. Applicants whose family income is less than Rs.250000/- p.a. will be given preference. The salary certificate of the parents should be submitted on application. In case income of the family is derived from business, the same should be submitted in an affidavit.
3. Participants are only eligible for 50% of the programme fee.
4. Age group of each beneficiary to be less than 30 years as on 14th May of that calendar year.
5. Application form should contain: One photograph and the following details of the selected candidate: Name, D.O.B. Occupation/Place of study.
6. After the activity/programme: One (or more) page write up in English or any Indian language about the trip/trek/excursion and few photographs/pictures of the same must be submitted to YHAI by the candidates.
7. It is a one time scholarship that will be awarded to deserving selected candidate and no claim as permanent beneficiary will be entertained.
8. Participants getting a scholarship from any other source would not be eligible for this scholarship for the same purpose. Every applicant/candidate has to give an undertaking while applying for this scholarship that they do not intend to avail any other scholarship towards participating in YHAI adventure programme in question.
9. To verify the correctness of the details furnished by the applicants, in particular the under privileged income status, the help of concerned State Branches may be utilized by getting the applicants sponsored through them.
10. Discretion/Decision of the Selection Committee will be final.
National Executive Committee in its meeting held on 17th April, 2016 invited Mrs Saroj and Prof. Vijay Singh to Kullu-Manali to celebrate the birthday of late Shri Siddharth Singh on 14th May, 2016. Therefore, State Branches are requested to forward the applications of eligible candidates latest by 7th May, 2016 to enable them to participate in the programme on 14th May, 2016.
11. Last date for sending your applications is 7th May 2016 on firstname.lastname@example.org